The grounds of the Château l’Arc is a location steeped in history and art.
The Château once belonged to the painter Bernard BUFFET, who produced some of his most emblematic works there, such as the oil paintings devoted to the life of Christ (1961), which are currently hung in the Vatican.
The Sainte Victoire mountain, which overhangs the school, was a source of inspiration for the famous painter Cézanne, who produced many works picturing this splendid landscape.
The cinema has also, on numerous occasions, taken up residence at the Château l’Arc, in particular when it was used as the main setting for Fernandel’s movie “Uniformes et grands manœuvres” (1950). The movie about the life of Yves Saint Laurent also contains scenes filmed at the château. Since then, the château has been used as the backdrop for many film shots.
Today, the grounds are home to our bilingual international school, which is located in the middle of an 18-hole golf course designed by the American golf course architect Robert Trent Jones II.